There's a lot of misinformation when it comes to doodles and allergies. Is it food? Is it a medical condition? Is it vaccines?
In this episode I'm interviewing an expert on allergies in dogs: Dr. Joy Barbet a veterinary dermatologist. We will address:
- The most common cause of itchiness for dogs that very few dog owners suspect.
- Why food allergies are less common than environmental allergies.
- Why middle aged dogs are more likely to have food allergies than younger dogs.
- And much more!
Are you tired of food controlling your life? Can't control yourself around carbs? Feel confused about what, when, or how to eat?
Adina Pearson Nutrition can help you restore peace, joy and confidence to your eating. Adina is a registered dietitian who specializes in eating disorders, emotional eating and breaking free from yo-yo dieting. Adina is able to meet with you on a secure, video platform across the United States. Don't spend another day fighting with food and your body. Reach out today to start your journey toward a healthy life free of food worries. You already go to great lengths to take care of your doodle's health, don't forget to invest in your health and happiness too!
- Find a Dermatologist — Got an itchy dog? Get to the bottom of the issue: search for a board certified veterinary dermatologist near you!
- Atopic Dermatitis Support Group — Support & resource sharing for those whose dogs have been diagnosed with atopic dermatitis, also called atopy, often referred to as inhalant/seasonal/environmental allergies.
- The Doodle Kisses Food Group — Evidence based support and advice when food is involved in your dog's allergies.
- Quick read on Atopic dermatitis
- Adina Pearson Nutrition — This episode was sponsored by Adina Pearson Nutrition -- my "day job" helping women find peace, joy, and freedom with food!